No matter how you look at it, a Leader has to be able to help his/her Team see the big picture and not focus on their perception or perceptions of the times we live in. Allow me to share with you 7 things every Leader needs to know about what makes good Leaders into GREAT Leaders:
1. Great Leaders turn threats into opportunities- It is the Leader that leverages talent, time and resources to take the negative and turn it into the positive and not just sit and let things happen the way they come.
2. Great Leaders take advantage of and profit from changing dynamics in the market- These Leaders look at:
- Who is our target market?
- What do people want NOW that we have to offer?
- When do people use our product?
- Where are we currently focusing our Leadership energy? Will it bring us profits and teach our people to be better?
- Why do people want/need our products? Are we marketing to that?
3. Great Leaders take negatives and make them into positives-
- These Leaders AGGRESSIVELY look for and teach their Team to look for the silver lining in the cloud!
- Everyday these Leaders ask themselves, “What positive steps can I take today to increase my Team and my business?”
4. Great Leaders evaluate and separate from that which is marginal or ineffective
5. Great Leaders build resilience to thrive in tough times
- They actively expect the unexpected and they become proactive in preparing their Team to meet objections as well as sell solutions
- These Leaders examine their business models and strategies and do what it takes to survive while still taking care of their Team as best as possible
6. Great Leaders aggressively market and promote their unique advantages to every Guest
7. Great Leaders find the lessons hidden deep within challenging times
- They are constantly open to a changes in their thinking, aka, paradigm shifts
- When faced with today’s challenges, they realize that yesterday’s thinking and strategies will not work and they waste no time in looking for new solutions
There you have it! Seven things that will keep today’s Leaders leading into tomorrow!
Until next time, keep striving to be a GREAT Leader!!